Archer’s Wheelchair Challenge
To raise funds to improve wheelchair accessibility at Rosedale School, Archer’s Challenge launched a unique, city-wide challenge in Austin, Texas.
- Amplify the challenge to reach more people
- Raise funds for an accessible outdoor park and playground and install two automatic doors at Rosedale School
- Teams were recruited across the community: Austin Independent School Distsrict, State and City Government, University of Texas, Local Media and Radio, H-E-B grocery stores and Cabela’s (outdoor sports retailer)
- Each day for six days, a different team spent some portion of their work day in a wheelchair
- $25,203 raised
- 95 people participated
- 729,000 people reached on social media
About Archer’s Challenge
Archer’s Challenge is a nonprofit founded by 20-year old Archer Hadley, who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy as an infant. Archer’s Challenge works to support wheelchair challenges in communities across the country, raise funds to improve wheelchair access in public places, and empower and inspire those in the disability community to pursue their dreams. Learn more at http://archerschallenge.com.