Rosedale Ride No. 23
After 22 years, Rosedale Foundation decided to add peer-to-peer fundraising to its annual charity ride in order to connect riders to their cause and increase funds raised.
“The Great Feats platform opened the possibilities of connecting individuals, teams and schools to our cause like never before.”
– Kate Robberson, Event Coordinator
- For 22 years, Rosedale Ride’s fundraising came from registration fees and sponsorships only.
- Riders would be introduced to a new platform, and for the first time, would be asked to fundraise.
- Many riders weren’t aware of the cause the ride supported.
- Give riders tools to fundraise, recruit others and spread the word through social media
- Connect riders to the cause by encouraging people to share stories and photos
- Explain their cause in a compelling video embedded on the site
- Allow riders to fundraise as teams (something their previous platform didn’t offer)
- Make it easy for riders to post their “RosedaleProud photos to show their support and spread the word
- Invite people to a meet-and-greet to kickoff registration and let riders meet staff, students and learn more about the school
- 736 participants and 18 teams
- 79% of riders fundraised
- individual fundraising: $70.68
- team member fundraising: $143.03
- 46% increase in online transactions
- 20% increase in total funds raised
Read the blog post for the full story: How a Premier Cycling Event Added Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
About Rosedale Foundation
Rosedale Foundation’s mission is to raise money to support Rosedale School, the only public Austin Independent School District (AISD) school exclusively serving the highest need special education students in Austin, Texas. It is a unique program serving a unique population in need. Rosedale Foundation is a 100% volunteer-led organization committed to honoring and supporting the parents, caretakers, teachers and PTA at Rosedale School so they are able to advocate for their children’s education. Learn more at https://rosedaleproud.org/rosedale-foundation/.