Annual Shower Strike
Well Aware wanted to grow it’s unique, annual signature event, Shower Strike, by giving participants a better experience and empowering them with more effective fundraising tools.
- Increase event participation
- Increase social reach and funds raised
- Users were asked to go on a “Shower Strike” for a week (and get creative with their personal hygiene) until they reach their fundraising goal.
- $1000 fundraising goal ($500 minimum) for individual participants
- $5000 fundraising goal ($2500 minimum) for teams
- A match donation offered in the middle of the week
- Prizes given to top fundraisers, recruiters and social sharers
- Participation increased over 33%.
- Total raised increased 10%.
- Average online donation amount increased nearly 7%.
- Social reach was 407,000.
Read the blog post for the full story: 8 Tips for Growing Your Creative Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Event: How Well Aware’s Shower Strike Campaign Increased Participation over 33%
About Well Aware
The mission of Well Aware is to provide innovative and sustainable solutions to water scarcity and contamination in Africa. The organization funds and implements life-saving water systems to drive economic development and build self-sufficient communities. Their delivery model allows them to provide clean water to 1 person for life for a $10 donation. Learn more at www.wellawareworld.org.